01) Why did Luca Turilli decide to create a guitar course?
After I became known worldwide as guitar player and composer of the band RHAPSODY around 1997/1998, I started to get requests from guitar players who wanted me to teach them the particular style of my guitar solos which are influenced by classical and folk music and made me successful worldwide.
At this time I couldn’t satisfy those requests because I invested all my time in composing and producing the music for the band ‘RHAPSODY’ (now RHAPSODY OF FIRE’). Besides Rhapsody, which soon sold a million records worldwide, I dedicated myself to my solo band ‘LUCA TURILLI’ and in the last couple of years to my new ‘creature’ called ‘DREAMQUEST’ where I perform as keyboard player.
But what the fans didn’t know was that I spent my rare moments of free time to cultivate an idea that over the years got a concrete shape. Already at a very young age I developed my passion for classical music and when I was 16, I got my first electric guitar and used to train myself transcribing some of my favourite classical pieces. I always declared my infinite passion for composers such as Chopin, Bach or Paganini and it has always been a great emotion for me to play their exceptional compositions on a modern instrument like electric guitar.
Over the years, I put together a real collection of scores and tablature of classical masterpieces transcribed for electric guitar. Scores and tablature that surely helped me to evolve in a specific artistic direction as guitar player and also as composer. This is where the original idea for the NEOCLASSICAL REVELATION guitar course came from. I decided to create a guitar course for all people who want to learn the secrets behind my guitar playing and have me as their personal teacher, and for those who share my passion for classical music that deeply influenced my style over the past 20 years. The vision turned into a serious project and when I was not busy with my activities as composer and guitar player, I invested my time into adding new scores and tablature to the existing ones. These scores and tablature consist of guitar licks, patterns, classical interludes, scales and arpeggios. I also created new compositions based on my most famous solos performed for the bands ‘RHAPSODY OF FIRE’ and ‘LUCA TURILLI’. Now the result of this difficult but extremely soulful task is in front of your eyes and has a name: the ‘NEOCLASSICAL REVELATION’ guitar course.
02) What makes Luca Turilli’s ‘NEOCLASSICAL REVELATION’ guitar course special and unique compared to other online guitar courses?
What makes my course special and unique is: You have me as your personal teacher.
- You learn to play my ‘Etudes’, compositions based on my most famous RHAPSODY and LUCA TURILLI solos, created exclusively for this course.
- You learn my guitar style using the SAME guitar licks, patterns and general exercises that I used to train and that I am still using on a regular basis to maintain and improve my technique.
- You receive exclusive guitar transcriptions of famous classical composers like Chopin, Bach and Paganini that heavily influenced my way of playing and technique.
- You use the ‘EXCLUSIVE ADVANCED TRAINING’ based on the software ‘GUITAR PRO’ to get the fastest and most exciting results in the shortest time.
- You have the exclusive possibility to promote yourself and your music at a worldwide level.
03) Who is the ‘perfect student’ that Luca Turilli would like to work with in this course?
The ‘perfect student’ that I would like to work with is a person basically:
- loyal and respectful
- ready to challenge him-/herself, discovering his/her new limits, pushing him-/herself to move beyond them and doing so grow both as musician and person
- willing to overcome challenges and not give up quickly
04) Who should NOT use this course?
This course is not the right thing for you if you like:
- blues, jazz, fusion
Therefore all guitar players who want to specialize in these ways of playing should not subscribe to this course. If you are interested in these styles of music, please check the website of my partner Tom Hess.
05) How do I know if I have the necessary requirements to become Luca’s student?
CLICK HERE to get to the ‘NEOCLASSICAL REVELATION TEST’ webpage. Take the test and find out immediately if you have the potential to become my student. If your result is negative, please read my answers to see what I would have expected from you and understand clearly what kind of student I prefer to work with.
06) Why is the number of students for this course limited?
The number of students for this course is limited because I want to ensure the best interaction with you and help you progress through the course in the best way possible. Less quantity helps to achieve better quality in the end.
07) Which language is used for the ‘NEOCLASSICAL REVELATION Guitar Course’?
Actually the only language available is ENGLISH. At the moment there are no plans to translate the course into other languages.
08) How many lessons does this course contain?
The ‘NEOCLASSICAL REVELATION Guitar Course’ consists of 100 lessons.
09) How many exercises are included in each lesson?
Every lesson contains 5 exercises and is structured in the following way:
- EXERCISE A: an exercise or composition using ‘warm-up licks, patterns and rhythms’ which are typical of my guitar playing
- EXERCISE B: exercise or composition is related to ‘scales’
- EXERCISE C: exercise or composition is related to ‘arpeggios’ (sweep-picking)
- LUCA’S ETUDE: composition based on and inspired by the most famous guitar solos of my bands ‘RHAPSODY OF FIRE’ and ‘LUCA TURILLI’. Sometimes in this same section of the lesson I will also offer parts of original instrumental pieces and great solos previously unreleased.
- CLASSICAL COMPOSITION: extract from a masterwork of a classical composer.
10) How many files are contained in each lesson?
With each lesson you will receive at least the following files:
Then, depending on the lesson number and course progression, you could receive some extra files.
- A Guitar Pro file to practice the EXERCISE A
- A Guitar Pro file to practice the EXERCISE B
- A Guitar Pro file to practice the EXERCISE C
- A Guitar Pro file to practice the LUCA’S ETUDE
- A Guitar Pro file to practice the CLASSICAL COMPOSITION
- An Adobe PDF file containing the whole lesson (text plus score and tablatures)
- A Word DOC file containing the whole lesson (text plus scores and tablatures)
IMPORTANT: Please note that the Adobe PDF and the Word DOC files include the same content for a general overview of the whole lesson. I decided to include both files in each lesson because they present some differences (for example in the DOC file the text and the tablatures are more defined at a lower page resolution) and for you to choose in which way to work more comfortably, using indifferently Adobe Reader or Word.
11) How do I receive my lessons?
You receive your lessons by logging in into your student account at my partner’s website WWW.TOMHESS.NET.
12) What is the size of each lesson?
The size of each lesson is about 2 MB.
13) What does it mean that I can customize the course according to my needs?
Customizing the course according to your needs means that you can choose the ‘frequency’ of your lessons.
The available choices are:
1 lesson per week
1 lesson every 2 weeks
1 lesson every 3 weeks
1 lesson every 4 weeks
14) How much does one lesson cost?
The cost of the lessons depends on the ‘frequency’ that you have chosen for receiving your lessons.
The cost of one lesson is:
Once a week: 45 €
Once every 2 weeks: 49 €
Once every 3 weeks: 54 €
Once every 4 weeks: 59 €
15) How do I pay for my lessons?
After you are accepted as my student, you will be redirected to a special webpage which is hosted at WWW.TOMHESS.NET (my partner’s website). There you will both pay for and access your lessons from me. Your lesson payments will be made through Paypal. This is the most secure and easiest method of payment. If you do not have a Paypal account, you can easily set up one for you (Paypal accounts are free!)
16) Can I change the frequency of my lessons?
Yes. If you realize that the ‘frequency’ of your lessons that you have chosen doesn’t fully satisfy you, you can modify the ‘frequency’ of your lessons according to your needs at any time you want.
17) How does Luca interact and help you through the lessons to become a NEOCLASSICAL MAESTRO?
The interaction with me is based on your ‘lesson feedback’ that you will give me after each lesson. After every 3 lessons, I will send you an email about your feedback and advice how to progress through the course in the best way. You will also receive a ‘personalized exercise’ created by me especially for you which is also based on the lesson feedback that you send me.
18) What is the ‘LESSON FEEDBACK’?
The ‘lesson feedback’ is a webpage (click on the image below to see it) where you can communicate your progress, problems, challenges and questions about your lessons.
I will read your data and comments and help you to proceed through the course.
19) How and when do I send my ‘LESSON FEEDBACK’ to Luca?
You will have the possibility to tell me about your progress, challenges and problems. In order to do that, you go to the ‘lesson feedback’ page of the website and fill out the form (you will get the link for this web page when you receive your lessons). It will be sent directly to me and I will read your data and comments. After every 3 lessons, I will send you an email about your feedback and give you advice on your way to become a NEOCLASSICAL MAESTRO. You should write and send your ‘lesson feedback’ after you have had enough time to train with the exercises, and discovering all the eventual difficulties and technical problems related to them.
(All necessary information about this fundamental page will be given to you with your first lesson.)
20) What is GUITAR PRO and the ‘EXCLUSIVE ADVANCED TRAINING’ related to it?
GUITAR PRO is an extremely versatile and user friendly software needed to access my course. It is the ‘engine’ of the ‘EXCLUSIVE ADVANCED TRAINING’ which is an essential part of the NEOCLASSICAL REVELATION guitar course. It will help you to develop your technical skills in the best, fastest, most precise and most professional way.
CLICK HERE to get more information on the Guitar Pro page of this website.
21) What are the minimum software and hardware requirements to use these lessons?
The minimum software and hardware requirements to use these lessons are:
Administrator Rights for Installation
Pentium 4 (edition 2002) or higher
512 MB (1 GB RAM recommended)
700 MB free Hard Disk space
OS X 10.4 or higher
Administrator Rights for Installation
G4 or higher
512 MB (1GB RAM recommended)
750 MB free Hard Disk space
The software (version 5 or higher) needs to be purchased separately in order to enjoy the 'NEOCLASSICAL REVELATION' experience at the maximum level.
IMPORTANT: Please don't use the TRIAL version of Guitar Pro with my course, as the TRIAL version of the software doesn't contain the 'RSE engine' necessary to practice the exercises of my lessons in the best and most effective way.
Adobe Reader or Word
Adobe Reader (version 6 or higher - not needed for Mac users) or Word (version 97 or higher) are needed to open the PDF and DOC files contained in each lesson (as the PDF and the DOC files that you will receive in each lesson include the same content with minimum differences at least one of the 2 softwares is necessarily needed).
IMPORTANT: A limited number of old and ‘low quality’ sound cards may not reproduce the ‘GUITAR PRO’ bending in a proper way. If your sound card is old or very ‘low quality’ then please download the ‘trial version’ of ‘GUITAR PRO’ to test some guitar pro files containing bending (you find them directly on the GUITAR PRO website) before purchasing the ‘full version’. In the worst case the software gives you the option to ‘minimize’ the guitar bending so that you are still able to train in the best way without having problems.
22) Will Luca teach the original Rhapsody or Luca Turilli solos as they appear on the Rhapsody and Luca Turilli records?
No, at the moment I won’t be able to teach you the original solos as they appear on the Rhapsody and Luca Turilli records in order to avoid legal problems. Instead, I built a series of etudes around my most famous guitar solos that in the end…are better than the original solos! Yes, I improved my solos and created longer interludes based on them, maintaining the same technical difficulties but adding parts to make them sound even more interesting for you!
23) Why is the ‘NEOCLASSICAL REVELATION FORUM’ of this website so important?
I decided to give a significant importance to the Neoclassical Revelation forum. The fundamental reason for this forum is the goal of creating a strong community of students driven by the same artistic passion and always ready to share thoughts, visions and expectations, a group of students respecting and helping each other when necessary. You will communicate with other students and find my news and comments on a regular weekly basis. My presence will be constant as I want to monitor and enhance the growth of the community and make the forum an environment of great experience and support for all students.
What I consider the most important aspect of this forum is surely the ‘help factor’. If you have a problem with an exercise or face challenges related to guitar playing in general, you can simply enter the forum, post a message or chat directly with another student and receive the necessary help to surpass the obstacle in a short time.
24) How can I become a ‘MASTER STUDENT’?
On the forum, you will have the possibility to vote for the students who are the most valuable for you. You can be one of those students by helping others through difficulties and challenges or being there for them whenever they have a question. Those students who are the most valuable for others (and this can be you!) will get a special and exclusive prize from me.
25) What are the ‘NEOCLASSICAL REVELATION SPECIAL GIFTS’?
To reward the most serious students of the NEOCLASSICAL REVELATION guitar course,
I decided to establish some ‘special gifts’ for those of you who make good progress in my course. Your lessons are structured into different levels. When you have mastered a certain level, you enter the next level and receive exclusive bonuses.
CLICK HERE to go to the ‘NEOCLASSICAL REVELATION SPECIAL GIFTS’ page
and discover more about my precious rewards.
26) Can I use the ‘Lesson Feedback’ page or the ‘NEOCLASSICAL REVELATION FORUM’ to get news about Luca Turilli’s bands RHAPSODY OF FIRE, LUCA TURILLI and DREAMQUEST or his general activity as musician?
No. The ‘Lesson Feedback’ page, the forum and any other interaction with me on this website is strictly reserved for the guitar course and focused on every single student’s learning process and progress through the same course. That’s why it can not be used to get particular news about my bands or my activity as musician. The ‘lesson feedback’ is strictly limited to course related questions and I will not answer any questions which have nothing to do with this guitar course.
You will find news about my bands directly on the bands’ websites. Join my portal WWW.LUCATURILLI.COM to get the latest information.
27) Will I still receive Luca’s mails and the special exercises that he creates for me when he is busy with his musical activities?
Yes. My partner Tom Hess and his team will ensure that nothing will change for you. There won’t be delays in receiving your lessons, reading your lesson feedback and responding appropriately.
In other words Tom Hess and his team will be the ‘direct line’ between you and me, whatever album I am composing, producing, and wherever I am traveling.
28) Can Luca Turilli’s ‘NEOCLASSICAL REVELATION’ guitar course help my future career as a musician?
Yes. When you progress through the course, you will have different opportunities to get more visibility as musician. You will be able to promote yourself and your music at the highest levels.
After lesson 60 you have the possibility to get on my ‘EXCLUSIVE STUDENTS’ WEBPAGE’.
Later, you will be able to extend your website presence with audio files which means that you can share your music with the rest of the world. And finally, when you complete the course with lesson number 100 and become a ‘NEOCLASSICAL GUITAR MAESTRO’, you’ll have the chance to further enhance your profile on the same ‘students’ page’ of this website, in a special section reserved for the ‘NEOCLASSICAL GUITAR MAESTROS’.
29) How to start?
To start, CLICK HERE.